If you’ve ever wondered about the importance of your garage door, stop it. When attached to your home, the garage door not only serves as another entrance to your residence, but also protects your personal property and loved ones. If in a constant state of disrepair, you may require professional garage door repair services to ensure the unit works and protects as expected.
Here are some statistics to reinforce the importance of your garage door.
You Might Be Shocked By Some of These Stats
- According to Impulse Research, 55% of American homeowners spend a couple of hours weekly in their garages on other activities and hobbies.
- Are you happy with your garage? If yes, then you’re definitely in the minority of American homeowners. The Wall Street Journal said that only 11% of homeowners profess satisfaction with their garage and don’t feel the need to improve it.
- How many times when house hunting did you look at an impeccably organized garage and say to yourself, “Yep, I could buy this house because of the garage” before making a final decision? Impulse Research says that when buying a home, 80% of buyers consider the garage as a decision influencer.
- The National Association of Professional Organizers found that half of all homeowners said their garage is the most disorganized part of their house.
- By some estimates, the average garage door opens and closes about 1,500 times each year.
- According to an American Housing survey, about 80 percent of owned condos and homes in America include a carport or garage.
- Thompson Company did a survey and found that 52 percent of homeowners want a garage that neighbors envy.
- A poll by Garage Living of 1,500 North Americans revealed that 300 respondents said they can’t park in their garage. If this is due to a non-working garage door, it may be time to call a Parker garage door repair company for a quote.
- Got a nice big garage that, for one reason or another, you don’t park in? Guess what? A U.S. Department of Energy study found that 25 percent of respondents with a two-car garage don’t park in them at all. Garage door opener repair professionals may be able to offer some advice.
- According to another Wall Street Journal survey, 900 homeowners said that only 70 percent of their garage space accommodates parking.
- A majority of homeowners – 74 percent – told the Wall Street Journal that parking is the most important use of their garage space.
- Of 500 realtors surveyed by Braun Research, 82 percent said that a disorganized garage contributes to negative perceptions by potential buyers.
- Did you know that the word “garage” is derived from the French verb “garir,” which means "to shelter," also "to dock ships," from Old French garir "take care of, protect; save, spare, rescue.”
- It’s a beautiful mid-Summer day and as you pull into your neighborhood, you can see your house down the street. As you get closer, you notice the garage door is open – reflexively, you slouch ever slightly behind the steering wheel. Why? An Impulse Research survey discovered that 24 percent of homeowners are embarrassed when their garage door is left open for all to see inside.
- According to some research, adding a new garage door could boost the value of your home by nearly four percent. Cha-ching.
- Nearly 13,000 garage door-related injuries occur in the U.S. every year, with about 1,600 happening during repair and maintenance activities. There’s a good chance many of these are injuries to homeowners who take on chores they’re not qualified to handle. This is why you should always work with professional garage door repair technicians in Parker, CO or elsewhere.
- An open garage door is one of the first things most people see when they drive by your house. Most just ignore it. But others with criminal intent may jot down your address, then drive at night to see if your garage door is still open. Some studies say that nearly 50 percent of all residential burglaries are related to an unsecured or open garage door.
- Size isn’t everything, or is it? A 2017 Garage Living poll revealed that a two-car garage was the most common garage size by 1,500 people in North America, or 61 percent, followed by a three-car garage (22 percent), and a one-car garage (18 percent).
- How important is the garage to most Americans? And the survey says – American real estate investment firm Crescent Communities discovered that 75 percent of respondents believe that having a garage is “extremely or very important.”
- Did you know that the electric garage door opener has been around for 94 years? That crown achievement of American ingenuity made its auspicious debut in 1926 when C.G. Johnson of Hartford City, Indiana – the same man who invented the sectional overhead garage door in 1921 – unveiled his newest innovation, an electric-powered garage door opener.
- According to some surveys, modern garage openers consume 75 percent less energy in standby mode than older garage door openers.
- The majority of respondents to a Garage Living survey – 89 percent – said they would like to improve their garage spaces.
Choose The Best
Don’t become any of the more unfortunate statistics we mentioned above. Take care of your garage and give it the attention it deserves. Work with the professionals at A Better Garage Door to get quality maintenance and repair done at the best prices. Call us today at 303.920.2267 for more information or to schedule an in-home consultation.